SAMA on the Go!
The San Antonio Museum of Art is dedicated to bringing arts education to San Antonio area schools. Through SAMA on the Go, Museum-trained docents lead interactive discussions of works of art, make personal connections, and lead classroom activities that encourage creative expression.
SAMA on the Go is open to K-6 classrooms.
- Presentations are 1 hour long (30 minutes of interactive discussion + 30 minutes of hands-on art activity).
- Two week's advance reservation is required.
- SAMA can accommodate groups of 15-30 students. Special accommodations will be made for larger groups.
- Teacher(s) must be present.
- Free of charge. A donation, no matter how small, will help SAMA on the Go volunteers continue their outreach efforts (a $15 donation is suggested).
- Ask about our bilingual docents.
- Animals in Art (recommended for K-2nd grade)
- Stories in Art (recommended for 3rd-6th grade)
- Mythology in Ancient Greece and Rome (recommended for 4th-6th grade)